Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I return for a new device? Q80T

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 08:14 AM)
Calle2k
First Poster
Options

Hello! 

I just recently bought a Q80T and have been happy with it during daytime. However I noticed something during nighttime (or when it’s dark/no light on). 
During black scenes it seems like lower corners glow and the left more so with a greenish tint? 

Is this normal or should I try to return it for a new unit? 

Cheers 

489C1784-046D-4115-86CA-043DB296E0E5.jpeg

F8A029DC-689B-43CC-82E5-593039F8CF05.jpeg

EC178FA6-0DEE-41DE-9BCA-ABBB9C4A9872.jpeg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Yh no harm in getting a return and replacement if u can, its obviously a defect, but whether its something to be expected in the price range or not who knows, some TVs u have to live with some issues like that, blotchyness, back-light bleed, and its just because they are mid range devices, and not that ur specific device happens to be faulty. But if u can get a replacement then go for it.
0 Likes
RomBrz
Apprentice
Options

For me, seems like the FALD acting, or Local Dimming. Try looking at settings -> image -> more settings -> local dimming or something like this (my tv is in portuguese so i dom't know for sure how is the menu settings in english)

0 Likes
Calle2k
First Poster
Options

Yeah it might be, I’ll check out some settings. Cheers for the reply!

0 Likes
Calle2k
First Poster
Options

I’ve been in contact with Samsung and are at the step of sending in pictures for them to evaluate, before evt sending an technician. They specify to take the pictures in daylight though, and my “issue” is visible during dark environment and dark content, so interesting. 
cheers for the reply!

0 Likes