Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:09 PM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
Alan the Alien
First Poster
Options

Purchased a Samsung 65" QN95A almost 3 weeks ago after my 65" KS9000 curved screen panel started cracking from the inside likely due to the heat as and the led strips began burning out after 5 years of ownership.

My QN95A shipped with firmware 1906 out the box.

• A week and a half later HDMI 4 experiencing multiple dropouts when connected to the Xbox Series X console.
  • Updated to Firmware 2001.4 and Dropouts are still occurring with Xbox console.
  • Changed to HDMI 3 dropouts still happening!!! (currently testing remaining ports)
  • SKY Q box has started exhibiting wildly inconsistent image quality (no such issues with my other TV's)
  • PS5 so far no issues YET!!! However, there are multiple reports of PS5 HDMI dropouts from other qn95a owners online.
  • Tap to view not working on firmware 1906 finally working with firmware 2001.4

My KS9000 experienced none of the HDMI dropouts with the Xbox Series X connected.

Also my AU9007 and RU7100 have had zero issues with Xbox Series X or SKY Q boxes connected.

I have also found that the dropouts still occur when using different Highspeed HDMI cables ranging from the official 2.1 Highspeed cable provided with the Series X and my brand new 8K HDMI cables.

Its absolutely ridiculous that Samsung's QC is this pitiful a year after release of this TV and they still no significant improvements in their firmware updates regarding many of these issues.

Well done Samsung.

0 Likes
Lo2-NL
First Poster
Options

I have manually updated my QN95A to firmware 2001 expecting the issue to be solved, as it's explicitly mentioned in the changelog. However, the dropouts have become WORSE! I am absolutely flabbergasted.

The first few weeks of ownership I experienced zero issues at all, so I have no clue what's causing this. The only thing I can think of is that ambient temperatures have risen here in the Netherlands, does the issue have anything to do with heat buildup in the connectbox or something related? Should I request a new connectbox from the retailer or is that pointless?

I would like to hear your  experiences regarding this extremely annoying issue. I have specifically bought this TV for its excellent gaming performance...

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

I got a circuit board in the OCB replaced by a samsung technician, the board with the HDMI ports. Not had a single dropout since.... Before that it was escalating the more I played.

-------------------------
QN95A + HW-Q960A
PS5, Nintendo Switch, Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
0 Likes
Laststar
First Poster
Options

Mines got so much worse since the update.

Where and how did you get a technician to come out and replace the board? 

0 Likes
Softmonkey
Journeyman
Options

I had that changed as well and I have probably had 2 in the last 6 months with XBox X, nothing with anything else. My advice is take the TV back as it’s a very recent purchase. If the replacement does the same get an LG and don’t get stuck in the loop of trying to get a fix. 

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

I just gave them a call on my local samsung support. They came out the next week. I'm in Sweden, but I reckon it's the standard procedure everywhere. I told them I wouldn't take it down from my wall and repackage it if it only was something with the OCB as I suspected.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
Spokk
Apprentice
Options

I am also in Sweden and have reported this issue to support in january of this year. They were totally unanware of the blackout issue at the time and we just reset the tv etc.. it has not resolved the issue and i have held out hope for firmware fix (and blackouts only happens for me about once a month so far). What did the support in sweden say to you? Did they know of this issue?

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, they tried that ***** on me a few times too, resetting, HDMI resetting, bla bla bla. In the end I just said that it smell like something was burning in the OCB, like burned electronics, and that I won't start it again until some technician comes and takes a look at it. 

QN95A + HW-Q960A
Spokk
Apprentice
Options

how long since the hardware replacement? The issue could still persist..?

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

Hmm, I got the TV end of january and the technician came 9th of February. Since then no dropouts.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes