Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95C Oled TV to Q990C Soundbar pairing

(Topic created on: 18-10-2023 03:32 PM)
Mike 6
Student
Options

S95C 55" paired with Q990C Soundbar, connected to Q990 is a SKY Q box & Panasonic U9000 Blu ray player My question is why does the setup continually refuse to pair with the TV+ Soundbar hdmi EArc to give Qsymphony function but will only pair with the soundbar bar only which eliminates the TV speakers from the setup I have asked Samsung technical twice without any sensible answer , one techie didn't even know what the Q Symphony function was. The SKY box & blue ray player connected by HDMI cables both brand new 8K high speed. Anyone got any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't see how symphony could use the TV speakers with the devices connected directly to the TV. Your TV should be OK though, with your current setup if you select D.IN as the source.
0 Likes
Mike 6
Student
Options

Hi Pugs1957

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I think I didn’t make it clear , the sky box & Blu ray player are connected to the soundbar by HDMI cables & the soundbar is connected to the TV by HDMI cable to no.3 eARC port. This allows the set up to use both sets of speakers ie the Q-Symphony set up. The problem is you need to be connected by TV+Q990cHDMIeARC in the connection menu but it will only allow Q990CHDMIeARC thus eliminating the TV speakers. I have noticed if you connect via TV or Prime the correct set up works perfectly but as soon as you switch to Sky box(which is bulk of our viewing) through the HDMI feed it immediately reverts to soundbar only & the TV+Soundbar option disappears from the connection menu. I have used the utmost care to connect as the Samsung manual instructions(the source in to the soundbar is D-in by the way) and feel sure with the amount of Sky Q boxes in use this problem would have arisen, if indeed it is the SKY box. It is frustrating the hell out of me & it was disappointing Samsung Technical couldn’t help.

0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
I don't know for sure but I suspect Q-Sympony doesn't extend to devices connected via soundbar.

Do you have the option to try and connect the Sky box directly to the tv on hdmi ports 1,2,or 4? It may be a workaround if thats the bulk of your viewing.

Seems like you have more than 3 hdmi sources so you could consider connecting your 3 most important ones to the TV directly and the rest via the soundbar.

0 Likes
Arkain
First Poster
Options

Have you tried when only the soundboard is connected to the TV via HDMI? I found that, for whatever reason, having multiple HDMI cables / devices connected caused issues with it. Kind of rendered the whole thing useless...

0 Likes