Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q60T UHD not working on one HDMI input with one device

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 01:34 PM)
MartinBar
Student
Options

I have a 43 in Q60T and I use a Linn Majik DSM3 receiver.

I have situation where two devices attached to the receiver work in QHD but my Chromecast with Google TV only will run in HD. The problem happens only on HDMI2. It also happens when the Chromecast is attached directly on HDMI2. On other HDMI inputs everything is fine. If I run the HDMI troubleshooter it shows a cable problem saying not good enough for high quality if the Chromecast is connected but only on HDMI2. 

I have factory reset the Chromecast with no impact.

I suspect this issue arose because originally I had an old blue ray player attached to the Linn which only ran HDCP 1 and at one stage all the devices on the LInn would only run in HD on HDMI2. The other devices unlike the Chromecast have the capability to run their own HDMI troubleshooting and I had to do this to get them back as QHD.

Unfortunately I need to connect to HDMI2 for ARC

I am thinking to factory reset the TV - any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MartinBar
Student
Options

Hello Matthew

Yes strange. At times when trying to view the Chromecast the screen was mainly a lurid bright green. 

I have factory reset the TV and now everything seems to work OK 🤔

Also the ChromeCast upgraded itself which may or may not have helped.

If nothing at all works on your HDMI2 then you could try a reset and if that fails you probably have hardware fault.

kind regards

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
matthewrob
First Poster
Options

I hve the same problem. It was fine until recently and now HDMI2 isn’t working. HDMI1 works. 

0 Likes
Solution
MartinBar
Student
Options

Hello Matthew

Yes strange. At times when trying to view the Chromecast the screen was mainly a lurid bright green. 

I have factory reset the TV and now everything seems to work OK 🤔

Also the ChromeCast upgraded itself which may or may not have helped.

If nothing at all works on your HDMI2 then you could try a reset and if that fails you probably have hardware fault.

kind regards

0 Likes