Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi View mode on Q60T not working

(Topic created on: 03-11-2020 06:35 AM)
bondman93
Student
Options

I've talked to Samsung on twitter and over the phone and there seems to be some sort of glitch which doesn't allow me to use multi view mode on my q60T. I've restarted everything and blah blah blah and nothing works. Its the TV not picking up. I can mirror stuff from my iphone. Also, the only way for my to access it is using the remote and saying "multi view mode". There is no other way to access it currently. Has any been able to use this feature on this TV? Please help.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Fisheer
Journeyman
Options

I've got the same issue using Samsung Galaxy A40.

0 Likes
bondman93
Student
Options

It's weird that this issue hasn't been posted a lot in the forums. A lot of people are probably going to buy this tv in the next coming weeks. I hope someone from Samsung can see this and forward to the "firmware update" people. Seems like a simple fix. Has anyone been able to use this feature at all on this tv? Can everyone complain on this forum so someone notices?

0 Likes
Tom OSullivan
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung 70" QN70Q6DAAFXZA from Sams club a month ago. When I try mirroring from from my android s8 to the right side multi view screen shown to be for mirroring the mirror image of my phone shows on the left screen - where there was a tv program showing. I spent 2 hours on the phone and another 1.5 hours on chat trying to get a solution. The expert on the chat had me download firmware to an USB stick and place it in the tv's usb  slot to update the firmware. When that failed I was instructed to reset the TV to factory settings which also failed to help. It's a real miserable situation since the literature on Sam's club page says it has multiview capability. Even Samsung's page says so: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086522/  - q6da.    Is really shameful on Samsungs part.  The mirroring from my phone appears on the wrong side of the multiview. It's pretty obvious something is wrong for it to even be able to be mirrored to the left side. Shame.

0 Likes
FarmerDoug
First Poster
Options

I have a new Samsung Q60A and have spent many hours trying to get the Multiview function to work with iOS devices.  Support has also failed to help.  I have applied two software updates and the function still doesn't work.  I see many others are having the same problems.  Multiview was an important feature in choosing this product.  Has anyone found a resolution?multiview compatibility.jpgmultiview.jpg

0 Likes
FarmerDoug
First Poster
Options

I have a new Samsung Q60A and have spent many hours trying to get the Multiview function to work with iOS devices.  Support has also failed to help.  I have applied two software updates and the function still doesn't work.  I see many others are having the same problems.  Multiview was an important feature in choosing this product.  Has anyone found a resolution?

0 Likes
bondman93
Student
Options

You have to screen mirror from your phone to the TV to get it to work but i returned my q60t long time ago and upgraded so I dont think that worked back then but thats how it works on the other models... i now have an lg oled 

0 Likes
FarmerDoug
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying I just noticed yours was an older post, It still doesn't work.  Screen Mirroring and Airplay work fine but only in a full screen mode, not the advertised Multiview.  I had a ten year old Sony that would display 8 screens at once but wasn't HD.  I won't stop with my rant until this is resolved. 

Regards 

0 Likes
Tom OSullivan
First Poster
Options

I traded my q60 for a q70. It has multiview ability but one of the 2 screens available to multiview has to be a mirror from a cell phone. I had to hook up a roku stick to the hdmi jack in order to multiview spectrum. The samsung tv multiview  wont let me view the spectrum app in the tv. iI about gave up on multi viewing. I've since tried to use my laptop to use with the "pc to tv" function. This works but anything that is is showing on my laptop through spectrum will not show up on the tv. My next step was a hdmi hardwire laptop to tv. I next choose the source location on the tv that my laptop is plugged into. I now can watch 1 or more tv shows and surf the internet simultaneously.  Now I need a wireless keyboard along with my wireless mouse.   I was browsing mini pc towers to place one next to the tv. If I follow through with buying one I best make sure it has ample reserves since my laptops pointer is seeming bogged down.  Or need more bandwidth I don't know

0 Likes
rjkcollins
First Poster
Options

I've been wasting time on this issue too.

Will an android tablet cast like a samsung phone to TV?? 

0 Likes