Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant go to 240hz on Samsung Odyssey G6

(Topic created on: 21-02-2024 10:59 PM)
VisualFactory
First Poster
Options

After 6 months of torture using the Odyssey G7 which would consistently keep giving me flickering or rolling band issue when connected to my MacBook Pro 16 inch M1 Pro Laptop,  I just got the Samsung Odyssey G6 now after connecting and using for almost a few hours I have not found any issues with lag or flicker or rolling band but what I can not seem to find is how to shift my refresh rate from 60 to 120 or 240. 

When I switch the monitor to Game Mode: ON then I get the option for 120Hz but with Game Mode: OFF it doesn't go beyond 60Hz. 

I am using an ANKER HDMI cable with a refresh rate of 240 as mentioned in its packaging. 

Now my question to the community is that is this caused due to the cable I use or color profile settings or something else?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Are you trying to do 1440p 240hz over HDMI?

Got a full model number?

You can only do 240hz 1440p on HdMi 2.1 does both devices support that? I think the monitor does but does the mac book?

Uaally setting the resolution is via the source device.
Acheron1
First Poster
Options

hey i have the g65b 27 in and im using a displayport cable(i tried the one that came in the box and my own) and i can only set the monitor to 60hz with the refresh rate from the monitors settings set to extreme and game mode on with hdr.please help?

0 Likes
MikailA
First Poster
Options

i had a similar issue i bought the same montior, and then i plugged in my hdmi which was ugreen, and then it would only run 120 hz and then i plugged in a usbc to display port, and the montior would not even pick up the signal, and now i have just ordered a hdmi to usbc that is capable of doing 2k 240hz, and i only did htis because in the monitors user guide it reccomended if you do not have a display port use a hdmi to display port so that made me assume that that would allow me to run the full refresh rate 

0 Likes
Members_yJcDkoL
First Poster
Options

hi,  the odyssey g7 comes with HDMI 2.0....HDMI 2.0 only supports a maximum 144 hz refresh rate on 2 k resolution and 60 hz at 4k resolution. if you want to use 240 hz you need a display port 1.4 cable :smiling-face:

0 Likes