Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you feature just one photo across the entire screen in ambient mode?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2019 01:57 AM)
ScottT
Student
Options

Hello, is it possible to upload and feature just one photo in ambient mode across the entire screen, and if so how do you do it?

Or are you limited to just uploading photos to on-screen photo frame template that has boxes for a number of smaller photos?

77 REPLIES 77
piphat
Explorer
Options

But I guess your Tv will have to use full power + the power for the chromecast, where the ambient mode is a "low" power mode.
I could consider the chromecast solution too though. It's better than what Samsung can do apparently. I don't think we will ever get Samsung to implement this feature for old customers. I'm sure it could be done by their software team in a few hours, but we are long forgotten. 😒

Lori12304
First Poster
Options

This link isnt useful, cause its not helping at all. The whole ambient mode is looks like and feels like just a concept. It could be awesome if owners could sync some OWN photos to the tv and set as a background , but on FULLSCREEN mode.

uoziod
First Poster
Options

We probably won't hear any response here guys. They want us to purchase overpriced bunches of wallpapers and not doing this trivial task for free

0 Likes
ElRamsero
First Poster
Options

I have a solution to this issue, although it is an ineffcient one.

I am able to display photos I upload to my 2020 Samsung The Frame in full screen, but only if the photo has an exact 16:9 ratio. Even one pixel off, and it won't display the photo without the pass-partout. This means that when I crop photos to 16:9 on my phone, they are only accepted in full screen about half the time. 

To make sure you get this right every time, the best thing to do is to use a photo editor, crop the photo to 16:9, and rescale it to your TV's exact resolution, in my case 3840 x 2160.

I see no reason why the TV shouldn't be able to crop to fit automatically, and save us all of this extra effort.

(An example of a photo editor that lets you do this for free online with no sign up is photopea.com)

0 Likes
piphat
Explorer
Options

It's only working for your 2020 model because it's "The Frame."
It was designed to do the full screen thing.
I bought the Q90R because I was told this had the same functionality as the "The Frame," but with a far better panel.

The rest of us with the Q**R models are stuck with the large frame no matter what we do.
No true full screen is possible.

And the large frame even shows the panel of the Q90R isn't able to do a uniform color on a large area at the edges. The color is darker around the edges in different spots.

So the gimmick of blending the TV or the wide frame in with the background, looks like *****. It's just not possible either. (Sorry. More ranting)

0 Likes
piphat
Explorer
Options

@uoziodHow do you buy wallpapers?

If I could do that to show in fullscreen, I would be a partially happy camper.
I guess it's only a feature for later models too. Not the Q**R models.

0 Likes
VoiceOfSoftware
Student
Options

I got it to work with a JPEG that is *exactly* 3840x2160 pixels. That is the exact dimensions of a 4K screen.

0 Likes
piphat
Explorer
Options

What is your model number and year?
I bet it is not a Q**R.
OP, I and all with this issue got a Q**R.

0 Likes
VoiceOfSoftware
Student
Options

It's a 2021 QN65LS03AA

0 Likes
JarleH
Student
Options

Thank you so much 🙏🏻 I have been wanting this for several years and have not figured out how to do it. And now......, it works thanks to you 😊

0 Likes