Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bluetooth issue with Serif (QE43LS01RAUXXU) - any similar experiences with related models? (Frame / Q60r /etc)

(Topic created on: 07/05/20 17:28)
CFSE15
Options
TV

Hi everyone,

I've noticed a problem with how my bluetooth earbuds interact with my 43" Serif TV, which I understand is fundamentally the same TV as Q60r and the Frame. Pairing/connecting poses no problems, and the sound is initially fine but after a few minutes the headset audio (Sony WF-1000XM3) starts to crackle and stutter, then the right earbud drops out. Occasionally it will come back online, but usually not.

Two things seem to remedy it temporarily: changing the channel over and back (if live tv) or pausing/resuming (if watching apps like NowTV/Netflix or the bluray player via HDMI). But after another 5-10 minutes the problem usually comes back.

This headset works perflectly with every other piece of harwdare I've tried (various mobiles, a Windows 10 laptop, a MacBook pro, a 2015 model iPad), so I'm guessing it's the TV that's the issue. The software on the headset and the TV is up to date - I even tried resetting the TV to see if an older firmware/software combo would work. No dice.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with the Serif or the related models? If so, did you manage to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

C

5 REPLIES 5
Sam314
First Poster
Options
TV

I've got a very similar problem with the QE43LS03T (Frame) TV and my Bowers and Wilkins PX7 bluetooth headphones. Same problem as described above - initial connection is good, then periodic stuttering, even though I'm in the same room of a very small house, literally 2 metres from the one connect box. As with CFSE15 above, these headphones don't present problems with any other bluetooth device. Disappointing - the TV is brand new. I wondered whether this was a poor range issue, because moving the one connect box from behind the TV did seem to improve the situation slightly. The only other thing I can think is that because the TV (and Internet Radio) are using the 2.4ghz band on the WiFi this may cause interference for Bluetooth, which uses the same frequency I think. 

max0x7ba
Apprentice
Options
TV

Same problem with Samsung Q95T and Sony WF-1000XM3 and Bose SoundLink.

These heaphones work flawlessly when connected to my PC or my Android phone.

0 Likes
EelkoL
First Poster
Options
TV

Same problem here with a Samsung The Frame and Apple airpods pro. Annoying!

0 Likes
EduardoTheFrame32
First Poster
Options
TV

Same problem here with a Samsung The Frame and Apple airpods v2. Annoying!

0 Likes
ckopix
Options
TV

I have the same problem on 2020 frame 65" and Sony bluetooth headphones.  Has there been any resolution?

0 Likes