Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black spots on TV

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 09:52 PM)
DaveL4
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung TV has block spots appearing, does anyone know how to get rid of them? The TV is 15 months old 50" from Currys and out of 12 months warranty, surely it should last linger than this, no other TV I've owned in the past has ever done this? Any info greatly recieved. 

20220215_203838.jpg

20220215_203838.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page may be helpful to you

Why does shadow appear in Samsung TV screen

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/why-does-shadow-appear-in-samsung-tv-screen-while-...

Facing clouding effect problem in Samsung TV. What can I do now?

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/facing-clouding-effect-problem-in-samsung-tv-what-...
0 Likes
DaveL4
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks, but already tried all this..
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I did find another helpful page

There is a problem with the picture on my TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/
0 Likes
DaveL4
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Rob5d460d17
First Poster
Options

This looks like what happened to my old Samsung TV after about 10 years.  There are these little clear plastic things that are glued to the LED's in the back of the TV that diffuse the light used to display the picture through the LCD front panel.  The glue used to attach them eventually fails and the little plastic diffuser fall off and that causes the shadows.    I attempted to repair my TV which after 10 years was well out of warranty,  I was able to disassemble, re-glue attach the lenses and reassemble the TV, but more fell of the next week. It takes me about 3 hours to disassemble and reassemble the unit... There are many fiddly and delicate parts and there can be lethal voltages inside I do not recommend doing this unless like me you are an experienced electronics repair person..... in the end  I decided to just buy a new TV and send the old one to e-waste recycle with a note that it was probably good for parts.

0 Likes
amidre
Apprentice
Options

These translucent plastic pieces are bonded to the LEDs in the rear of the TV, which diffuse the light utilized to display the image via the LCD front screen. The glue used to hold them together ultimately fails, and the small plastic diffuser slips off, causing the shadows. The best approach would be to contact customer service or get repair by a professional.

Thirty6
First Poster
Options

How and where can this thing kill me? I assume it's like an ignition coil in a car, a little battery capacitor transistor or some other Sci fi tech word I don't know what means that ramps up voltage, but also happens to hold onto a gigaton of electricity for alot longer then it then it has any right to?

0 Likes
Muddassir Iqbal
Apprentice
Options

This is a manufacturing fault my TV also had this issue and obviously warranty is only 12 months and it’s out of it they need to recall these products 

0 Likes
MasonBay
First Poster
Options

Yes, brand new TV showed up looking like this.... is there anyway to fix?

Q70C 65"

1000015050.jpg

0 Likes