Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Australian TV won't tune to UK TV channels

(Topic created on: 29-05-2023 02:56 PM)
MattUK
First Poster
Options

Hi - looking for some help with an autotuning problem. I have two pretty modern Samsung TVs that I bought in Australia. I've recently moved to the UK, and am trying to get terrestrial TV working on them. However, when I run autotuning they can't find any UK TV channels. I know it's not an aerial problem as a Samsung TV bought in the UK finds the channels fine. I've read that the signal ranges are different in UK to Australia, and when the autotuner is running I've noticed that it skips straight from channel 12 to 27.

I've tried resetting both TVs and setting the region to UK. The app store now works fine (can download iPlayer etc) but it still can't find the TV channels. The manual tuning is always greyed out so I am not able to try that. I've also contacted Samsung technical support and they couldn't help. Is there anything else I can try to force the tuner to search the UK signal ranges?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
TVs that support Freeview have additional hardware. Again, an Aus TV won't work in the UK.
Just think about your TV as being a monitor and choose a Freeview box or PVR to receive UK channels.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
You may need to get a firestick or chrome cast
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
I have never tuned a tv lol 😆
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Are you using the Internet or an aerial.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Possibly because alot of the tvs here have free view terrestrial tuner in built, not sure if you have that too or the tuner is configure to pick up UK signal
0 Likes
MattUK
First Poster
Options

Hi - it's plugged into the aerial. I try to autotune with 'terrestrial' and 'digital/analogue' options and it doesn't find anything

0 Likes
MattUK
First Poster
Options

Hi - they have Freeview terrestrial in Australia too (which my TV was fine with) but I think the RF ranges are different. Do you know whether the UK Samsung TVs have some extra component built in to be able to receive UK Freeview? Thanks.

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
TVs that support Freeview have additional hardware. Again, an Aus TV won't work in the UK.
Just think about your TV as being a monitor and choose a Freeview box or PVR to receive UK channels.
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Probably different frequencies. Not gonna work unfortunately.

MB
0 Likes
boxclever
First Poster
Options
Did you find a solution @MattUK?
Just moved here too with the same problem. Cheers
0 Likes