Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Alternative DLNA app for Frame 2023?

(Topic created on: 06-10-2023 09:07 AM)
Markedly
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I've just bought a 55" Frame 2023 (QE55LS03BG) and I'm pretty happy with it.

One exception to this is the provided app for streaming from a local DLNA NAS.  As Kodi isn't available for Samsung, can anyone recommend an alternative?

In truth I was pretty impressed that the Frame picked up my two NASs, and I can browse my collection of videos and play them.  However, it's a really poor app.  You can only browse huge tile icons, rather than a full-text list which would preferably include file sizes.  It also doesn't allow you to resume playback at the point you left off, and appears to always default to subtitles on.

I don't think Emby will work for me as the NAS is a basic Buffalo LS210D, so doesn't allow app installation.

Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Markedly
Explorer
Options

I've resolved this by installing the Emby server app to my Synology NAS, which has also been setup to see the Buffalo NAS's videos on a mount.  A bit convoluted, but the Emby app is far better than the Samsung version.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Markedly
Explorer
Options

I've resolved this by installing the Emby server app to my Synology NAS, which has also been setup to see the Buffalo NAS's videos on a mount.  A bit convoluted, but the Emby app is far better than the Samsung version.

0 Likes
ceemjay
First Poster
Options

Did you find the app easily? I have looked for this or similar apps and can't even find an "app store" to search. I seem to be offered a variety of apps but hope there are a lot more lurking somewhere.

My The Frame is 2024 version -  I cant see a search icon anywhere in the Apps section.

0 Likes