Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wipe cache partition every few days

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 03:59 PM)
Hbukhat
Explorer
Options
I think it has been mentioned by few other people here but I thought would just post this in case any one hasn't seen the previous posts. I have found that if you wipe the cache partition every few days it minimises the amount of times your phone restarts as well make your phone perform better as well. It's definitely worth a try. 

You can try to 'wipe cache partition' through the Recovery mode:
1. Turn off your device 
2. Connect your device to the PC via USB (not to the charger) 
3. Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears 
4. Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and hold them until the device turns on 
5. Recovery menu should appear 
6. from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).
15 REPLIES 15
Hbukhat
Explorer
Options
I haven't tried a factory reset and personally I don't think it's something I would do. But wiping cache every few days has helped me. I guess its not so much the same for everyone
0 Likes
meejle
Journeyman
Options
I ended up doing a factory reset because mine was restarting every few minutes. I didn't have any restarts for ages but now I'm back up to about 5 per day (even after clearing the cache). So even a full reset isn't going to fix it permanently. Fingers crossed Beta 3 is more stable 😁
0 Likes
Hbukhat
Explorer
Options
Yeah 100% agree. It definitely seems like everyone is going through a different experience and it's a shame factory reset didn't work for you. Did you at least manage to restore your backup of your phone?
0 Likes
andykod77
Navigator
Options
So in order to do this you must have a PC?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Those having restart issues might have a rogue app or an app that's not updated.

I always make sure apps from both Samsung and Google are always updated.

Also my phone is set to restart at 3 am as apparently it helps.
0 Likes
andykod77
Navigator
Options
Just done this yesterday and if anything I t made my battery worse, unless I just been using it more lol ,but definitely no improvement
0 Likes