Sluiten

What are you looking for?

annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

Oorspronkelijke onderwerp:

Smart TV can't pause video from media server

(Onderwerp aangemaakt op: 4 weken geleden)
132 Weergaven
mcvos1
First Poster
Opties

My internet router (a Fritz Box) has a built in media server that can serve video files to the Samsung TV. The TV is perfectly able to find them, and can even play them, but here's the weird thing: it can't pause them. It can't rewind or fast-forward. Those buttons exist, but they're greyed out.

It's a really weird shortcoming, especially considering the player is perfectly able to play the files.

Any idea how to fix this?

I've tried looking for a media player app in the massive app selection available, but everything wants to lock you into some service. I just need a basic video player that can pause and rewind.

0 Likes
6 Antwoorden
Dick
Samsung Members Star ★★
Opties

Goedemorgen @mcvos1 ,

Mag gewoon in het Nederlands in een Nederlands forum.
Blijkbaar ben je niet de enige. Staat UPnP aan in de router?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fritzbox/comments/1co5ykq/video_on_media_server_crippled_cant_pause_ff/

Het kan zijn dat de tv geen UPnP ondersteunt.

signatureee
Groet, Dick

Dick
Samsung Members Star ★★
Opties

Goedemorgen @mcvos1 ,

Is je probleem inmiddels opgelost?

signatureee
Groet, Dick

GerwinVG1
Journeyman
Opties

Based on the search results, it seems the inability to pause, rewind or fast-forward videos from your Fritz Box media server on the Samsung TV is likely due to a limitation in the TV's built-in media player app.

The search results don't provide a direct solution, but here are some potential workarounds you could try:

1. Install a third-party media player app
Many users recommend installing a dedicated media player app like VLC or Plex on the Samsung smart TV. These apps often have more robust playback controls and codec support compared to the built-in player.[1] Look for apps that specifically mention support for network/DLNA streaming.

2. Use the web browser
One suggestion is to access the media files from your Fritz Box via the Samsung TV's web browser instead of the media player app. The browser may provide better playback controls for the video files.[2]

3. Connect a streaming device
If the above options don't work, you could consider connecting an external streaming device like a Roku, Fire TV Stick or Chromecast to your TV. These devices tend to have better media player apps that can access and control video files from your network storage.[3]

4. Update TV firmware
Ensure your Samsung TV is running the latest available firmware version. Firmware updates can sometimes add new features or fix bugs related to media playback.[4]

While not an ideal solution, installing a third-party app or using an external streaming device seems to be the most commonly recommended way to get full playback controls for video files from network media servers on Samsung TVs.[1][3] The built-in player appears to have some limitations.

0 Likes
mcvos1
First Poster
Opties

Het probleem is nog niet opgelost. Ik heb wel gehoord over een workaround om de files naar mp4 om te zetten, maar dat heb ik nog niet getest.

UPnP staat aan in de router, voor zover ik kan zien. Maar waarom heeft de TV UPnP nodig om dit af te kunnen spelen?

0 Likes
mcvos1
First Poster
Opties

> Install a third-party media player app

Is that possible? I'd love to be able to install VLC or something, but the TV has its own selection of apps, none of which are VLC. I don't think I saw Plex there either, but I'm less sure. I checked a few aps that sounded like they might be media players, but they all required online accounts on some proprietary service.

> Use the web browser

Any idea how to point that browser to the Fritx Box? It's listed automatically among the Sources, but navigating there through the browser sounds awkward. Although once the location has been bookmarked, I suppose it should be a lot easier.

> Update TV firmware

Always a good idea, probably. (Or did Samsung add ads to their menus? If so, maybe I don't want to update this.)

I think the app would be my preferred solution, if a good app exists, and it makes it easy to navigate to the video files. But is it possible to install apps that aren't in Samsung's app store? And if not, how can I find a good media player there? I've looked, and couldn't find anything.

0 Likes
Ajay-A
Community Manager
Opties

Hallo @mcvos1,

Bedankt voor jouw bericht. UPnP is een protocol die het makkelijker hoort te maken om op een lokaal netwerk apparaten met elkaar te laten verbinden. Het is een handige protocol voor printers, telefoons en televisies. Heb je de workaround kunnen testen?

Met groet,

Ajay 

Community-moderators-signature-jan24-reveal-800x200