Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be Samsung Galaxy Tab with E-Ink Display?

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 11:47 PM)
DustInEst
Journeyman
Options

Howdy!

Recently I decided to go paperless and did a bit of research of the device I could use with the pen. There is awesome ecosystem in Ios devices, some Android devices support pen. And ofcourse, Samsung has also recent awesome Galaxy Tab S6 which I got.

Overall, it is good product for price / quality wise. Not a fan of keyboard case as I got it for pen, not a big fan of a pen and pen placement itself as for the pen usage I got large hands :smiling-face: But that got solved with Staedtler pen I got. So, I found myself getting paperless and now I havent used paper last couple of month.

I hope this year there will be awesome note phone as well- which I really wouyld like to get.

So, as I mentioned before- I did some research on products with pen and the products ecosystem, usability and future proof and I found some interesting small companies doing e-ink tablets.

Most of those ecosystem is super poor. And they are for single purpose and lacking some synchronization or any wider usage. The only one doing something interesting is Onyx but the quality seems to be on the poor side. Also there are small Chinese companies doing e-ink but it is hard to get them in Europe, specially when you are from small country (as I am at).

So, my question- will Samsung awsome engineers plan to create awesome e-ink Tablet in the close future. Specially as there is colour e-ink already on the way. I would like to switch over as I do not use my tab for videos or any other than documents and research for my work.

I think this might have future in engineering and education for sure. There is no need to quick refresh rate- instead eyes friendly reading, browsing articles and taking notes.

8 REPLIES 8
JonathanB88
First Poster
Options

Hi there friend!  I am glad you asked. I am also very much interested in such a product. Dear Samsung - please make it happen!!  😄  I would gladly purchase such a tablet for my wife and I. 

PFC_Hudson
Pioneer
Options
No there isn't (a big demand) for it

If there was they'd have made one
Four more weeks then out...
0 Likes
Eink
First Poster
Options

I am always going to buy samsung devices and I always miss, if there would be any E-Ink colored screen. That would be no doubt a great addition in paperless market. I would love to see some product from Samsung too. +1

Mukeshkumarsahoo
First Poster
Options

Awesome idea for e-ink coloured screen..

0 Likes
JL168
First Poster
Options

I am using Samsung products for years. When I come to purchase e ink products,  sadly no Samsung products available... Since I don't trust PRC brand, I hope Samsung can create e-ink lines of products.

Gideon Salim
First Poster
Options

I have similar interest. I have been used samsung tablet for years (since Galaxy Note first tablet). The major complaint is the weight, screen is not easy on eyes, and charging too frequent. If Samsung read this, please consider to make this happen.

I am looking for a light tablet with e-ink (colored one would be awesome), an active pen and great software support as the device for reading ebook, drawing, taking note, and browsing. I think Samsung has all the materials, just need a will to make this happen!

rafaldrive
Apprentice
Options

Remarkable sold 1 MILLION units. I'd say there IS a market for eink tablets. Nobody has made a Tab S6 with eink screen yet, unfortunatelly. It's all cheap ***** CPUs, slow as hell, takes like 5 seconds to open a pdf 😞 Samsung would have made a killing deal if they just sell tab S6 as it is, only replacing the screen to eink!

0 Likes
VicF
First Poster
Options

I am very surprised that Samsung is not taking advantage of the large demand for an e-ink tablet in the business productivity and educational sectors. More and more professionals are beginning to appreciate the need for distraction free organizational and productivity devices. Also, the aging population are keen on using screens that are gentle on the eyes. I currently use a Samsung; Note phone, laptop, and S7 tablet. They all have a stylus and I love the ability to share notes across all of my devices with the Samsung Notes app. What is missing for me is a lightweight low power consumption device that I can create and mark-up documents from anywhere, anytime of day - even in direct sunlight. I have zero interest in using it for consuming video content or visually based social media feeds...I would actually prefer it to be monochrome, although I am sure that plenty would prefer the color ink option. I would even buy a phone with an e-ink screen in a heartbeat!....wakeup Samsung before one of your rivals beats you to it ...Then I would have to go out and purchase all of their devices to meet all of my reading, productivity and note-taking needs!