Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 Keyboard Case

(Topic created on: 23-10-2019 09:50 PM)
adann
Explorer
Options

Just got my replacement keyboard case as have had the same issues as many others with the back falling off. Half hour in to the second and the exact same thing, back cover comes off and tablet falls down.

Surely Samsung need to address this and do some sort of recall? The quality of the case is poor for such an expensive product.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other keyboard cases with trackpads that would be better designed?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Wootton27
Explorer
Options

Agreed, it's another Samsung design error.  Only a matter of time before it comes apart and the tablet hits the floor.

Samsung, how many existing customers did you talk to about this design, I can tell you no one would have said using a 'post it note' adhesive on a case of a £760 tablet is a good idea, I repeat no one.

0 Likes
Chloe_S89
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem and totally horrified by the lack of solution.  There are no suitable alternatives to this case and I think they should be recalled and the problem fixed.  Such an expensive and beautiful piece of kit, constantly at risk of damage from the case.  Without the case, it is not fit for purpose in DeX mode, which is the main reason one would choose this tablet over many others.  So disappointing.  Samsung, please recall this and offer a solution 

0 Likes
Av8irl
Apprentice
Options

i had the same problem and can't sit around waiting for Samsung to get their finger out.

what I did was place a tin small double sided sticky pad in the space in side the black pad. then gently put the case back on. That was 2 weeks ago and it hasen't fallen away once since then.

0 Likes
Wootton27
Explorer
Options

Carpet tape.  6 small pieces cut & stuck it on.  Had enough of it falling off & risking damage.  Stuck it on before Christmas, the case had not fallen of since.  Only problem, I can change cases of I want to.

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

I've found this on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DNRJQ81/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_p-SMEb5WZC7JJ 

Has anyone tried magnetic tape ? Just wondering if it will be a big enough area because of the adjustable stand on the case ? I welcome any thoughts .

Cheers 

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
XJR40
First Poster
Options

Like so many owners of the S6 tablet, I found that after a fortnight or so, the adhesive pad failed. Fortunately, I noticed this before my expensive piece of kit fell to the floor.

Car badge/trim tape, shaped to go inside the original rectangle of tape, worked for a time (like an hour, then the tablet had become warm from use, so off it came again), but where the original tape will always stay attached to the cover, the badge tape stayed very firmly attached to the back of the tablet itself and was, frankly, a right bugger to shift - thanks to Covid and the fact that everyone has a source of IPA in their home, car, office, etc. these days, removing the badge tape was painless and left no traces of its having been there so the search was on for a better solution..

Eventually, I reckoned that a silicon based approach would be the way, since the original adhesive was made that way.

Long story shorter; I used a scoosh of Hollister medical adhesive, as more often found attaching stoma bags and mastectomy forms to skin. Rather than spray the adhesive and risk having to pick bits out of the hinge and even the tablet's various ports for evermore, I scooshed a bit [of the adhesive] into a rattle can lid then used a Q=tip to apply the adhesive - carefully = directly to the surface of the original sticky stuff on the rear cover of the tab. Letting the adhesive set so that it was sticky, but not runny then, aligning the cover carefully, using the rear cameras' aperture as a datum, I gradually pressed down the area where the sticky stuff had been applied. This was three weeks ago now, and I have yet to see any signs of separation as yet. Looking at the edges of the tablet, no light is now visible between the sticky rectangle and the back of the device.

Please, don't anyone expect me to suggest how to remove the cover now that it's so firmly attached (the kick stand can now be opened or closed without having to hold onto the part that carries the adhesive strip and even picking up and shaking the tablet by the kickstand doesn't cause that alarming gap to open up gradually, leading to the usual separation of tab and rear cover. Sadly, lacking in confidence, I hadn't considered that this technique would succeed, so no photies were taken but even if you don't have loads of Hollister sitting around (I'm scripted up for it by a consultant, so it's only a prescription fee for me), I recommend trying some of this amazing adhesive. The Hollister product is at best average at attaching my prosthesis, but Samsung would benefit by its suitability for this alternative use, as would those of us who, rather than risk a repeat of the whole sorry episode, found our own way forward. This works, it resists heat, may only come loose with an application of Hollister's own solvent (though that hasn't been tried by me yet as I prefer the keyboard to remain attached to my tab) and being a medical product, this won't burn your skin or anything else that it comes into contact qith accidentally! 

HTH,

Jaye.  xx

0 Likes