Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S5e

(Topic created on: 19-07-2021 10:18 PM)
William101
Apprentice
Options
I use my tablet for work, in particular Microsoft one note. I recently received a message on one-note telling me I can no longer access my companies account as the tablet is not running the latest android security patch released in april2021. I've check the phones settings and it is correct the security patch is shown as from March 2021. I've been reading around and it sounds like in some counties the latest android patch is being rolled out. Do you know when it will be available here I the uk
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
You can check to see if it has the latest update by going to Settings and looking for Software Update. Then select download update manually. Also, try using SmartSwitch on a laptop/PC to check if your tablet has the latest update just by connecting your device to the laptop via cable. If an update is required, SmartSwitch will have an option to download the latest update 😀
0 Likes
William101
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. I have already done this and it keeps saying it is up to date. Which it probably is in terms of what software samsung released. Unfortunately the problem here is that whilst android have released the updated security patch, samsung have not rolled it out. So ultimately the issue is when are they going to release the firmware update because without it I can't use the tablet for work. #samsung #andriod #security #firmware #secutritypatch #fix #problem #issue
Annie989
Voyager
Options
Yeah mine says the same march 21
Annie989
Voyager
Options
This is what I found Screenshot_20210721-221225_Samsung Internet_376.jpg
William101
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. So frustrating, I've basically got to wait till samsung roll out the update, even though its available and in the mean time can't use the app and thusbthe device for work.
Annie989
Voyager
Options
Must say this is the bit of samsung I don't like it's all waiting my hubbies had his security update for his phone which is S20fe & I'm still waiting for mine I've a fold 2 which doesn't seem right to me most expensive phone just bought a bargain on John Lewis S7+ tablet for under £20 quid a month OK it's a WiFi one but I'm not lugging that one around 😊
Peter2021
First Poster
Options

Same issue and all work apps stopped as it requires latest update not only March

I contacted support without any helpful answer 

I am disappointed, I was thinking to get S7 but due to this issue I may go to ipad even I like Android more. 

Annie989
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure how many updates left for the s5e tho as far down the list 🤔 S7+ is better screen amoled display
I only use my ipad 12.9 (2018) as a TV
I've gone right off apple although I love my imac

0 Likes