Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SD card functional but not reachable.

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Buddyboy4x44
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung Tab S6 Lite, Android version 13, UI version 5.1.1    I began seeing my SD card disconnect itself and become non-functional so I replaced it with another card.  The card formatted fine and shows as available in my My Files app.  However, I am unable to transfer anything to the SD as no Move option appears anywhere.  Also, I am unable to move apps to SD from Settings as, again, no option to do so is offered.  I downloaded an offline Google map and it showed as stored in SD alright.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. What would cause this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Buddyboy4x44
Apprentice
Options

Happily installing a different File Manager than the two already installed did the trick.  I have been able to move photos, movies, etc., to my SD card saving space.  Thanks all.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Apps can't be downloaded to external storage. However, you can move their cache and data to the SD card. You can use a 3rd party app called AppMgr 111 from the playstore or manually by going to settings>apps. Tap on the app you want. Tap storage, and if moveable, then you can tap "change" and choose the SD card.
Buddyboy4x44
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, Robin.  I will follow through with your suggestion.  I remain puzzled why I do not have the options to move files described in all the on line references.  I used to be able to move photos, for example, to the SD card by selecting them and then clicking Move.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst you  may technically  be able to use some apps on an SD card it is not advisable, the SD card is  slower and will lead to a reduction in performance and  likely errors.

Some information here https://recoverit.wondershare.com/memorycard-recovery/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, that's a strange one. It's there for me, so I'm a bit stumped on that one. Presume the option doesn't appear at all, so you can't even move files internally.
0 Likes
Solution
Buddyboy4x44
Apprentice
Options

Happily installing a different File Manager than the two already installed did the trick.  I have been able to move photos, movies, etc., to my SD card saving space.  Thanks all.

0 Likes