Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 plus RAM damaged?

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 09:06 AM)
tobob
Apprentice
Options

I just got the S8+ last week. Didn't install anything yet except the preinstalled samsung note. And whatever i do, even right after reset, it shows me i have only 3.5GB ram of the supposed 8GB.

So... do i have to assume it only has 4gb and it only says it has 8? could the ram be broken? 

I am very close to just return the tablet and get the money refunded or at least demand a replacement with working ram.

no way the clean system takes up way more than 50% of the ram. in comparison, my old Tab A and my S21 fe smartphone show realistic ram and ram usage.

8 REPLIES 8
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Yu mean it displays:" 3.5GB Available of 8GB"??
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
That's what it is you never get full amount of ram
tobob
Apprentice
Options

Yes.

0 Likes
tobob
Apprentice
Options

Ok. I was just expecting.. more ram? With 8GB and not apps running, i didn't expect the system to take up 4,5GB/ more than half of ram. What ram does a s7 fe have left, rhose have GB ram AFAIK. Anyway, if that's normal, then I will see if I can compare with someone who also has the s8+. 

Thank you for replying

0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
It's like a computer it gets reserved you can add a widget to optimize the performance eg free up ram
0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
Get a samsung with ram plus feature best thing samsung have done
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Haha nothing to worry brother. OSs are advanced now 4GB Ram is nothing to them. They need it all. Android cannot use 500MB thats way too tiny. So what that means is yu got 8GB. 4.5 is being used by the system and everything else. 3.5 is doing nothing. For most apps that's pretty good enough.
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
This is normal my S8 show 9.4gb available out of 16gb and my phone shows a similar result.
0 Likes