Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making calls on Tablet

(Topic created on: 27-06-2021 02:47 PM)
Rafa1988
First Poster
Options
Hello first time posting on here.

I don't suppose anybody knows how to make calls on tab A? I've gone to the calls and texts on other devices section on advanced features but my tablet isn't showing on there and when I try to do the reverse I can't find the calls and text section on my tablet under advanced features. Not sure my tablet isn't sophisticated enough to do this? Or whether I'm missing something. For the avoidance of doubt my phone is an A52 and my tablet Is a Galaxy Tab A (8.0' 2019). 

Any help or advice greatly appreciated! :smiling-face: 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Rafa1988
First Poster
Options
P.s. I'm using Gmail as my Samsung account login could that have something to do with why this isn't working?
0 Likes
Rafa1988
First Poster
Options
Think I've cracked it. The Tab A 2019 can't do it. It's the 2020 version that can. Annoying but at least I don't have to waste another 5 hours trying to figure out how to do something that can't be done lol
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Only touching on the subject...

Some tablets take sim cards... some are WiFi only.

I've seen and heard of people who have taken out tablets on contract with a network... make normal cellular calls and texts on the tablet... then get a massive bill as the plan is only for mobile data, not for text messages or calling out. Worst I've seen is like a bill of £300 in one month (not me, I was helping someone out)

Normally, tablet sims include just data... and now days we live in times where there are bill caps so mistakes like this don't happen often now.

It's best just to make sure you know what's included in your tablet plan if you have it on a contract.

Now there are apps like Skype and Zoom that just do video calls anyway... you just need a Internet connection to be active.
0 Likes
sirsmiley1
Student
Options
If you have one you can use a SIM card.
Although on Galaxy Tab A every month you pay a bill for you phone calls and messages.
But you can only call other Samsung devices and you can't call I Phones but you can still message them.
0 Likes
sirsmiley1
Student
Options
But video calls are different
0 Likes
Rafa1988
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the heads up
0 Likes
Rafa1988
First Poster
Options
Thanks I appreciate the info. I've stuck a different sim card into it now that I've realised I can't sync it to my phone. So will probably just use it as a second phone.
0 Likes
maler543
First Poster
Options

This is the same question that I wanna ask here and need help to solve it as soon as possible please guide.

0 Likes