Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Battery Life

(Topic created on: 06-04-2018 10:04 AM)
Marktw
First Poster
Options

The battery in my Tab S is not lasting well. Requires charging 2 or 3 times a day with light use.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Marktw

Check your devices battery stats settings to see if any app is draining the battery. 

A devices battery output will decrease over time and does not have an infinite amount of charge / recharges.

The following processes may / may not help. 

Put the device into Safe Mode which disables all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation if the drain stops. 

Then take it out of safe mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time. 

You could turn the device off and then from a set series of button presses will take you into the System File Cache and delete the files. None of your saved info will be lost. 

And or

Back up and Factory Reset. 

Finally a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store will be able to help you further with this situation by running a diagnostic on it. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

Yep im facing the same issue, i also would like to know do samsung sell or replace battery for a fee ?

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Marktw

Check your devices battery stats settings to see if any app is draining the battery. 

A devices battery output will decrease over time and does not have an infinite amount of charge / recharges.

The following processes may / may not help. 

Put the device into Safe Mode which disables all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation if the drain stops. 

Then take it out of safe mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time. 

You could turn the device off and then from a set series of button presses will take you into the System File Cache and delete the files. None of your saved info will be lost. 

And or

Back up and Factory Reset. 

Finally a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store will be able to help you further with this situation by running a diagnostic on it. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Hypothesis1
Student
Options

It's not that bad with my tablet, but it is however the weakest battery I have had in any tablet through the yrs. So I'd like to know if one can buy a better battery for this tablet. I just posted a topic about this. 

0 Likes