Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A7 lite cannot enter pass-code

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 09:00 AM)
TxDoc
Apprentice
Options

galaxy a7 lite tablet with backtalk turned on will not let me enter my pass-code.

Everything was perfect. Accidentally turned on Talk Back.

Galaxy a7 lite tablet with backtalk turned on will not let me enter my pass-code. Each press of a number elicits a verbal  response  of "Bullet...Double tap to activate". And soon the screen times out. Can't proceed at all to log in with pin number.

I made a Samsung account, but my tablet is not listed or registered or showing up under my devices, yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Dr Mark

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may help

I can't unlock my Samsung Galaxy device

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-cant-unlock-my-device/
TxDoc
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'll try it.

TxDoc
Apprentice
Options

None of those options are available to me.

Never got to set up a remote unlock method such as Find My Mobile or Smart Lock as the  tablet is only a few hours old. I can't even restart or turn it off as pressing those buttons does nothing. The buttons have a blue square pop up around them and an announcement of "Bullet...Double tap to activate".

I can't log in,   turn off,  or restart. No buttons on the screen respond as labelled. I can't move forward, backwards, or sideways.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button down simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it
TxDoc
Apprentice
Options

That restarted it, but when the keypad appears, I cannot input my pin. The buttons have a blue square pop up around them and an announcement of "Bullet...Double tap to activate". Pounchng in my pin doesn't show anything as being entered or accepted. Another dead end.

I accidentally hit the solution button. Sorry.

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it.

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @TxDoc! To make a selection while Voice Assistant/TalkBack is activated, you will need to tap on the icon you are trying to select once to highlight it with the blue circle/box, and then twice in quick succession to confirm the selection. You can turn it off by heading to Settings > Accessibility > TalkBack/Voice Assistant > Off. Hope this helps 🙂