Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Keyboard Settings

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 10:02 PM)
Dave47
Journeyman
Options

I purchased  a Bluetooth keyboard and case for my Samsung Tab S7 from ebay but now find that some  of the characters when typed are not correct using the shift key symbols.
I've  set the 'physical keyboard ' in settings to UK QWERTY, but it doesn't made any difference.
What I find mysterious is that I also have a Samsung Galaxy M31 phone and find that the keyboard works fine on it with settings the same on both units. Could it be that there is further settings that I'm not aware of?
When I try to type @, " appears, when I type ", the @ appears.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
jmc1946
Apprentice
Options
What you have is a US layout keyboard but the Tablet thinks it should be UK. I also bought keyboard off ebay and have same issue with my Tab A.
0 Likes
Dave47
Journeyman
Options

Did you manage to resolve the problem?

0 Likes
Dave47
Journeyman
Options

I managed to resolve this issue by setting the physical keyboard setting to US English and now works as UK English??? I don't really understand it but it does work.

0 Likes
jmc1946
Apprentice
Options
Go into Settings, Language and Input. Add English (United States) as a language. Then choose Physical Keyboard and open Samsung Keyboard (English UK). Here you can choose the language that you want the Bluetooth keyboard to use. I chose English US, qwerty style.

Once you have gone through this any time you use the Bluetooth keybord it will type the character as shown on the keyboard.

Alternatively you can compare the US keyboard with a normal UK computer keyboard and remember what the differences are!

Dave47
Journeyman
Options

OK, thanks 

0 Likes
Curtains
First Poster
Options
hello. i have got the samsung bookcase cover. but the physical keyboard layouts are very limited and i cannot type urdu phonetically. is there a way to remap the keys for the physical layout or use GBoard on the physical keybord. i have a tab s8
PLEASE HELP
0 Likes
ori-lober
First Poster
Options

thanks<3

0 Likes
Members_AT8HVmS
First Poster
Options

Excellent. This works.

0 Likes