Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Experiencing S8 Ultra Glitchy/Laggy Behavior?

(Topic created on: 16-05-2023 05:23 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Just recently, over the past few weeks or so, my Tab S8 Ultra has been starting to show some very noticable glitching and freezing. One example is sometimes when the screen goes off, either via timing out or by manually doing so, when I try to turn it back on the screen remains completely black. So this morning I scanned my fingerprint to open it while the screen was off (the fingerprint icon appeared on screen however) and I can hear the click of it unlocking but it remains black. I can press the power button multiple times to no avail but it usually resolves itself after 10 seconds , I usually just double tap with the s pen to write a screen off memo then hit save it and this gets me back to the normal functioning of the tablet. Another thing that happens is when I scroll down to access the quick screen icons and swipe right to the next page of icons there will be a 5-10 second lag time. This also happens when selecting an icon to turn something on or off, similar lag. If I remember correctly this all started happening after receiving a notification that System UI needed to restart because of an issue. 

I thought it would have resolved itself after I downloaded and installed the new May system update just released but it's still happening. I have so far cleared the system cache, performed a soft reset, ensuring all security, app and software is up to date but it's still misbehaving. Just wanting to see if anyone else has been experiencing anything similar before I move onto more time intensive solutions. These are all just minor inconveniences in the grand scheme of things but nonetheless shouldn't be happening. I have the 12GB version and don't have dozens of apps open or do particularly CPU intensive work on the tablet when these glitches occur. 
15 REPLIES 15
Virgïl
Explorer
Options

Hi

i haven't used my tab s8 ultra much, hardly at all actually it's laying dormant here until the warped banana shaped keyboard book case cover that was delivered to me is replaced by Samsung because it had no protection during deliver inadequately packaged by Samsung.

i purchased the 16gb 5G tablet. Will report any glitching stuttering device here when it's needed.

Also i haven't updated the tablet Ui since it arrived in  5/2022 (tablet and keyboard book case cover offer)

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Why have you bothered responding to RXM when you're only venting ? 🙄
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried wiping cache partition & using good guardians to optimise apps ?
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Also turning off then on helps with a lot of issues 😁
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
akmal7331
First Poster
Options

same as me..i have the tab s8 plus 5g..try turning off ram plus..it work for me..but just a few days ago start being laggy again..but less than before ram plus is on

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes I wiped the cache partition immediately after the last software update and I use Galaxy App booster roughly twice a week. The lagging issues are so consistent I should easily be able to take a video of the situation on my phone. I think ultimately I will need to factory reset it but I've just continued to delay that action since it is incredibly annoying to do so.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I turned RAM plus off a few weeks ago. Since I've got the 12GB RAM version I thought it was complete overkill to have it set to 8GB of RAM plus for a total of 20GB. Can't recall if this made it any better or not
0 Likes
akmal7331
First Poster
Options

Another thing that you can try..search in setting <swipe down for notification> try turning this off..this helps me

0 Likes
Cybernautnz
First Poster
Options

I tried this and it does seem to have improved lag. Now I am confused as to why? Nova launcher had swipe gestures that replicate this so not missing built in setting. If anyone can explain how disabling that setting seemingly helped lag, I would love to know.

0 Likes