Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still ringtone and notification are separated!

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 10:54 PM)
Jason13v8
Pioneer
Options
What's the point in making suggestions? Still have to go right into sound settings to turn ringtone and notification sound down. Each have to be done separately. All you have to do is add an option to link them both together. 

Example I'm going into a meeting I want my phone to be quieter not dnd but just a lot quieter because I'm expecting a call but I don't want to disturb others in the meeting. So no I cannot link them both together like a simple turn them both down with volume rocker. I need to press volume rocker turn ringtone down then press volume message again and then turn notification down too. In custom ROMs you can toggle a switch to link ringtone and notification together so when you turn ringtone down the notification goes down too. Why would you only turn one down? But not the other?

Si now I have to install a separate app to do something that could have been implemented. It's supposed to be a smart phone! Not a unsmart phone. Yes I understand why flashing a custom ROM is the way forward 

If anyone is interested there's an app which does this called volume sync
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Intratech
Voyager
Options
I suppose it's good to have the option but it seems a bit odd since I just put my phone to vibrate when going into meetings and that's how literally everyone I know does it. I want separate notification & ringtone volume levels.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
it's always been like that since the first version on android
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
your asking to much.. you can set to do not disturb mode and allow set contacts to call you.
0 Likes
Jason13v8
Pioneer
Options
I am pleased for you whilst millions of custom ROM uses are not wrong for having extra options. you obviously don't know people like that. why don't they just remove other options too? the whole point of smart phone development is to make things easier & quicker with less time, less clicks to get the job done. I didn't say at any stage I want to out phone on vibrate
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
official Samsung roms are not custom roms. custom roms will allow you to do things official roms won't. I'm sure there is an app in the playstore that will do what you want
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
I use custom roms on my old Samsung devices and make custom roms for them so I do know what custom roms do. I have no intention of using a custom rom on my s10 thanks I need to use Samsung pay etc etc that you can't use once you have rooted and installed a custom rom.
0 Likes
Intratech
Voyager
Options
I said it was good to have the option so don't know why you're going off on one. Have a cuppa mate.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Jason13v8,

Your suggestion was sent to Korea and it's currently under consideration of our Development Team 😉

0 Likes