Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Rate

(Topic created on: 01-11-2020 07:59 AM)
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options
I'd like an option to have the resresh rate be set to variable, to help save battery life. Like, when scrolling, it would be set to 120Hz, but when just on one screen (non-living), it would be set to 60Hz. Also, others have mentioned that the phone could be set to 96/97Hz, which would really help save battery life. I'd love a 90Hz refresh rate option
6 REPLIES 6
XGUK
Journeyman
Options
Or at least give us the option for full res/120. I know it would kill battery, but I'd like to have the option.
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options
I think full res at 90Hz would be the perfect combo, with 120Hz added into the enhanced processing mode
EdwinJ
Pioneer
Options
if they could do this through software for s20 and s20fe rhe fans would LOVE IT. we paided 1000 $/£ for a device later to release with variable refresh rate - note 20 ultra. come on Samsung 😅😔
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@JackDemetriou,

Indeed, it would be great to have this option available on our devices to save battery life! 😊 I'll send your suggestion to our development team :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:.

0 Likes
jeremym7
Explorer
Options
Please can i add an important point: Up until One UI 3.0 it was possible to use bixby routines as a workaround to enable 120hz AND medium power saving mode, now it has been purposefully patched.

Being able to use both, together, should ALSO be an option! This was the best of both worlds for me, even with the 120hz, the power saving meant i could get nearly 8 hrs of screen on time often.

Since this has been patched im losing between 2-3 hrs of battery life by having 120hz enabled, and not being able to enable power saving.
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options
Yes! I would love this. Can you put this as a separate post and I'll like it as well. Just to make sure they get the feedback
0 Likes