Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification widget

How about a notification widget?

So many people (me included) miss the LED, and there seem to be some problems with this, or something  would have materialised by now.

I got to thinking about my old Nokia 8210, and similar phones, where a simple "you have 1 new message" was displayed on the screen very prominently.

What about a widget that does just that? I know it still doesn't replace  the LED,  or even exactly how it would work, but some kind of widget which is unobtrusive  or invisible,  and simply displays, in a very large obvious way, the notifications., once recieved. I suppose it could be seen as an extra large extension to the notification tray.

It would need to be accessible to the AOD and lock screen, ect. 

Big hairy bonus if it could flash repeatedly in some way!

Anyway,  just popped into my head, always  worth putting there things forward, even if they are stupid.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Bertie_bunghol 

AOD basically covers that right now.

LED notifications helped with drawing your attention to the device whenever there was an unread message.

But as far as I know our development team is already working on some solution for it!
So I hope they will positively surprise us! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

Pulfi
First Poster
Options

I have the edge lighting plus app from galaxy store can set a lighting around camera to show notifications.