Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Always On Switch

With this Beta it seems mobile data is always on. 

The 4G icon etc is always in the notification tray even when using Wi-fi, which is confusing when trying to figure out if it is using mobile data or not (especially for people with limited data)

The only way to switch this off currently is via developer settings (Mobile data always on toggle)

It would be great to have this option in connection settings.

6 Comments
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Strange, my 4G icon only shows if I'm not connected to WiFi. 

Arshaa
Navigator
Options

In the developer settings, search for 'Mobile Data Always Active' option and disable it.

You're done. That's it. 😊

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Arshaa,

This is the method I mentioned in the original post but my point is that some people either don't know about developer settings or don't want to use it, thus my suggestion to have as part of the connection settings.

This will also make it searchable via the search in settings, whereas developer settings are not unless they are activated.

Thank you for your input though :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @BenGinders 

It is certainly odd that this options was enabled by default. To be honest, it seems like an error.

Rather than moving it from Developer options, I think it would be best to make sure that this option is disabled (and can be later enabled by a user if they really need it).

If possible, could you share that problem (and log files) via Beta Feedback option in Samsung Members? That would help a lot!

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Ok I will certainly log this in the Beta feedback

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

This issue is now fixed in the latest Beta