Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

App Icon Badge Notifications after Swiping Away

(Topic created on: 14-11-2020 07:34 PM)
Cammymacl
Apprentice
Options
I still can't believe that there is another UI update and yet this "feature" still remains.

Please give users the option to keep app icon badge notifications after they have been swiped away from the notification centre. 
I don't want my notification centre clogged with a million notifications so I swipe them away, and then the app icon badges disappear making me completely forget to reply to a message or read an email. 

This is such a simple but highly important feature that all other OS use such as iOS, yet Samsung removed it years ago and refuse to give the option of choice, and it puts off LOTS of people from buying a Samsung phone. 

So please, let me keep my app icon badges so that I don't keep forgetting to reply to important messages later!
Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Kasdeya
Apprentice
Options

Any news on this?

0 Likes
Zzyonn
Explorer
Options

Just switched from Ios and it's frustrating....

Hope this setting can be introducted

0 Likes
Members_YZJi4SJ
First Poster
Options

It was a feature before... this was possible its not a new thing. Its something that was useful which has been taken away 

0 Likes
skcx
First Poster
Options

This issue remained unaddressed after about 2 years. So disappointing. While it is an important UX issue

0 Likes
prozac_tablets
First Poster
Options

2023 OneUI6 and still nothing 👎

0 Likes
mostafaaboras
Student
Options

Any solution to this? I can't believe its 2024 and not fixed yet😡

0 Likes
Zzyonn
Explorer
Options

It’s an implementation by google not samsung since 2017 or 2018 ^^

but try that (last post)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS23/comments/12ll899/new_android_user_from_12_years_on_iphone/

0 Likes