Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to remove persistent notifications

A number of apps create a notification that can't be swiped away, which is incredibly irritating, a key example being Samsung health.

So please add the ability to swipe away these notifications 

5 Comments
ARamsay
Navigator
Options

Do a partial swipe on the notification and tap the cog. Usually you can disable the subcategory (for example the persistent step counter from samsung health)

Devz
Pioneer
Options

@ARamsay I did not know that thank you

But, I still think the idea of swiping it away would be quite useful. For instance, with the step counter I don't think I permanently want to disable it as it's nice to know how far I am from my daily goal. But if I could swipe it away, it could send me another notification if need be when I reach another milestone.

I can't really see why a persistent notification would be more useful than a repeat/reminder one

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Devz 

If you do not want to permanently disable those notifications, you can try to set S Health Steps notifications as "Silent".

With that it will not appear at the top of the notfication panel (So more important notifications for you will be displayed above it). 

If you select an option to "Minimise notifications" they will not appear as an icon on the notification panel or on the Lock screen.

Do you think that would be enough for you? :thinking-face:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Needs Info

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed