Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge lighting activates only when screen is off

(Topic created on: 29-09-2022 06:38 PM)
sapann
Apprentice
Options

This feature used to be there until s20 series and it was very helpful one. I request Samsung team to please bring back this OG feature back

Before it had toggle to turn on edge lighting only when screen is off

which was sadly removed by Samsung is recent one ui updates. we coming from older S series really miss this Legendary feature

3 REPLIES 3
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @sapann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions, I will pass this one to the developer team as well 😁

Have a good day!

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
I'm not using edge lighting but having a feature for 'edge lighting even when screen is off ' seems useless. Edge lighting is really for when the screen is off (like when phone used to have a notification LED) so the toggle should be 'Edge lighting even when screen is on' if you really wanted to, but should default to 'when screen is off'. When screen is on we can see the pop up. Changing this would basically satisfy your suggestion @sapann and would make more sense. This would make the 'edge lighting when screen is on' only feature not possible, but I don't know who would want that.
0 Likes
sapann
Apprentice
Options

No actually. Before basically that toggle will trigger edge lighting only if screen was off which made so much easier to track on important notifications as per apps. and when "Screen turns ON" then no lighting ,brief notifications or popup views nd all. just all basic detailed notifications.

Now in my s22 i have to change notification tones for each apps to track important ones. which sometimes i miss.

0 Likes