cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power...who says I need YOUR POWER...?

Power...who says I need YOUR POWER...?

JAE2K
First Poster

When it comes to the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, many characters have left their mark, but none have resonated with me as much as **Knuckles the Echidna**.

Unique Abilities

What sets Knuckles apart from the rest is his unique abilities. Unlike Sonic's speed or Tails' flight, Knuckles has the power of strength and climbing. His spiked hands allow him to climb walls and dig through the ground, adding a new dimension to the gameplay. This unique skill set makes playing as Knuckles a distinct experience, and it's always a joy to explore every nook and cranny of a level with him.

Strong Personality

Knuckles' personality is another aspect that makes him stand out. He is **serious, independent, and a bit stubborn**, which is a stark contrast to Sonic's carefree attitude. He is the guardian of the Master Emerald on Angel Island, and he takes this responsibility very seriously. This dedication and determination make Knuckles a deeply admirable character.

Ethnic Origins

As a child, Knuckles brought ethnicity to games that just weren't there in other games. He had dreadlocks, his boots have gold and green trim and he fought with heart and had unique abilities. Even on the screen he is voiced by one of the best black actors out there Idris Elba. He brings heroes of colour into children's lives. I love him even more now as an adult as I did before as a child.

Character Development

Over the years, Knuckles has shown significant character development. He started as an antagonist, tricked by Dr. Robotnik into fighting Sonic. However, he soon realized his mistake and has since become one of Sonic's most trusted allies. This growth from a misled rival to a loyal friend shows a depth to Knuckles' character that is both engaging and endearing.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Knuckles' unique abilities, strong personality, and character development are the reasons why he is my favourite character in the Sonic franchise. He adds a unique flavor to the games and provides a different perspective on the world of Sonic. Whether he's guarding the Master Emerald or teaming up with Sonic to save the day, Knuckles the Echidna is a character that leaves a lasting impression.