Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Trade in amount not getting paid out

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 08:25 AM)
MarkkuJ
Apprentice
Options

Hi all.

During black friday i got an s23U with my Fold 3 as a trade in. I sent it in that same week. It took a while and a message to support but Samsungs trade in partner (Foxway here in Sweden) sent me a mail on december 19th that they received the phone and that everything was correct. They would release the money within a few business days.

Thing is, I still haven't recieved any money. I've contacted support multiple times and received very different answers.

The first one at january 4th said they could see the phone was approved and that they needed to contact foxway about it. I was told I would be contacted through email when they got some info for me. Never heard back.

I wrote support again on january 12th and this time things sounded different. The supportagent said things in the energy of "you DO know that it can take up to a month for the money to arrive right?" and that I couldn't trust what foxway says about when the money would come. All while using pretty bad grammar and spelling. I agreed that I would wait until the 19th since that's a month since they told me a couple days.

Still nothing.

Thing is Samsung support seems to have disappeared completely here now. I literally haven't been able to get ahold of anyone after this. Chat only tells me no one is available, WhatsApp goes around in circles telling me to choose a department and I have had no luck over phone either.

It's frankly annoying. I've been chasing support for almost two months. It's not an insignificant amount of money, but now I'm just pissed about the incompetence around the whole thing. I would rather have my Fold 3 back than keep up with this, but right now I don't have anything.

Rant over. Thanks for reading.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @MarkkuJ 

Sorry to hear that! Could you please send a PM to me with your name and email? I will take this further with my colleagues who work with support and trade-ins 😊

/Emmi

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
When I got my s23 ultra I did trade in too but with an note 20 ultra and then it stated that it will take up to 2 months. So I waited 2 months contacted samsung through chat and spoke with them. They said they will open a case and get back to me, so next day I got a mail from samsung with confirmation that money will be released within 3-5 days so like approx within that time I saw klarna had paid me back the money foxway owed me.

But I was lucky with this since samsung chat staff asked me for tracking no and such which maybe lead the process better and got foxway to pay out as they should.

A payment shall not take 1 month or more to be done, so I don't agree with staff that told you it can take that long to pay out.
MarkkuJ
Apprentice
Options
I feel that I could live with almost any number of months, what irks me is the lack of communication about what timeline it's actually going to be. If foxway tells me 2-3 days in december it's not acceptable that samsung chat tells me one month three weeks after that.

Get a grip on your services or shut them down.
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
To be honest foxway is kinda an issue. They don't always get things done in time and is slow.

Would be better that Samsung partnered up with more reliable company that do things correctly and does not delay everything.
Solution
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @MarkkuJ 

Sorry to hear that! Could you please send a PM to me with your name and email? I will take this further with my colleagues who work with support and trade-ins 😊

/Emmi
MarkkuJ
Apprentice
Options
Wow, thanks. That would be great. Sending you a message. 👍
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Hope Emmi S, solves your problem.
Swedish-K9
Voyager
Options
I have a same problem but this time samsung! Bought the s24 ultra on 21 of January and package was damaged by the delivery company. Delivery company informed me that the package was damaged and they have to send it back to the samsung! Now there is no phone and no money back! Have contacted samsung many times and no resolve! Planing to report to the police!
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Swedish-K9 

Did you buy on samsung.com? Can you please send me a DM with your name and email and I will look further into this? 

/Emmi
Swedish-K9
Voyager
Options
Hello again everyone, I just want to inform you that Manager Emmi have resolved my problem. Big thanks to the Emmi.