Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage use and pre-loaded apps on S23

(Topic created on: 08-02-2023 10:35 AM)
ninan_7
Student
Options

Hi,

is it true that about 60GB of the storage is already used by the Samsung operating system and pre-loaded apps that can't be removed (compared to the Pixel 7 Pro 15GB)?

So if you buy the 128GB version you can use just about half the space?

Are there more apps that cannot be removed with the S23 or can we finally get rid of the Facebook, Twitter, Netflix... apps?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
thehighwayman
Journeyman
Options
This article is very poorly reserched and contains a lot of false claims. If you see the comments you will see that the actual usage is around 30GB. However Samsung should also own certain blaim for including unnecessary bloatware.

Most can be uninstalled, but some are installed as system apps can only be disabled. So the space is lost for these apps.

Also, samsung sometimes push extra apps by default and this practice should be stopped in my opinion.

Recently Samsung pushed a remote-asupport app to my phone (s21). These can be even dangerous if their quality is poor. A bug in remort support app can make an intruder taking over our mobile.
ninan_7
Student
Options

Thanks for your response. Today I use an S7 with 32GB storage,  7 GB for Android and all apps combined 11GB, so I wondered what they need 60GB for (if true), and even 30... 

But I prefer the OneUI over Pixel stock android, so I tend towards an S23 (basic or ultra), but I hate a bit the pre-installed, non-removable apps and it would be good to know how much storage is actually usable... But you answered that, thank you!

0 Likes
thehighwayman
Journeyman
Options
This is my S21, after two years of use. System apps use 27GB. Getting worse after each android release and manufacturers' bloat on top of that 😀Screenshot_20230208_132006_My Files.jpg
0 Likes
thehighwayman
Journeyman
Options
I move photos and videos to a separate location after sometime and use google photos to access them. So I don't need that much space. But 4k video recording can eat 128GB phone in literally minutes I think.
0 Likes