Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore deleted image on Galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 24-09-2023 07:11 PM)
Helpless
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I had a Galaxy S10 running OS 12 (UI 4.1) hooked up to my PC and accidentally deleted an image from DCIM/Camera. I have troubles restoring it since it isn't in the traschcan on either the phone nor the computer. The phone is supposed to keep deleted images for 30 days before deleting permanently and the PC only empties thrash manually, so it feels a little strange that the file is "permanently" deleted with the push of a single key...doesn't it? The phone is not connected to any cloud service. 

Where can I find this image and restore it? Thank you in advance!  

//Helpless

5 REPLIES 5
2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
Försök att gå till Google Foto, där det finns en papperskorg, och allt från foton eller videor till Google Foto kan synkroniseras automatiskt.
0 Likes
Helpless
Apprentice
Options

[deleted post - see later entry]

0 Likes
Helpless
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, the file wasn't there. Initially, a grey square was displayed in its place in the gallery but it later disappeared. Google photos trashcan was empty, though saying that it should keep deleted images for at least 30 days. 

The device isn't connected to any cloud services, as far as I'm concerned. 

Should I go ask in a Google forum instead, you think?

0 Likes
2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
Jag har inget svar, jag föredrar att inte svara
0 Likes
Helpless
Apprentice
Options

With hopes that someone else might be helped by it, I'll share that Android help center couldn't come up with any solution either. In their view, a file that has been permanently removed, without (cloud) backup, is lost forever. 

What I have found, however, are some sort of recovery tools that can be downloaded. There are several different developers providing these solutions and at this point I have no idea which ones are preferable. None seems to be for free though. Type in a search for "restore permanently deleted file Android" and you should get a selection of downloads.