Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover pictures from S20 FE

(Topic created on: 29-08-2022 04:35 PM)
Kasper Nymann
First Poster
Options

So, I dropped my phone earlier today and the screen is black down where I press "okay" after entering my 4-digit pin. Is there any way to acces my phones gallery without being able to unlock it with my pin? I'm desperate since the phone is full of pictures of my 3-year old child and I would hate that they are lost forever. I've tried downloading several different tools but they can only do a hard reset and im not interested in that. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Probably no. If screen is broken then it needs to be replaced and samsung will sadly factory reset it too so data is lost. You could try get USB to HDMI adapter or something and connect it to TV and see if you get anything there and if you do then you can use that to unlock your phone and backup your photos to a cloud service.
0 Likes
Axss
First Poster
Options
Take it to an independent shop and have it repaired, they won't factory reset it if asked. I know since I've been doing this for 7+years 👍your photos aren't lost
0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
That's only if warranty is over. Never let place that is not samsung authorized to repair a phone with warranty on. Since that would void whole warranty
0 Likes
mehtas
Pioneer
Options
You can probably get your phone in safe mode and then transfer your photos to a laptop. My friend once did this as her phone was not booting up. Maybe It'll solve your issue.
0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
But problem is now the bottom of screen is broken. So their best option is to try adapter to a external screen. So they get full display there and know where to press. Not booting up is another problem not the same issue here, so booting into safe mode won't help them.
0 Likes
mehtas
Pioneer
Options
When you go into safe mode you don't use screen to navigate you have to use volume keys and power button to navigate and press ok, so might be helpful not 100% sure though.
and once in safe mode it definitely doesn't ask for password.
0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
But again it requires pin lock and that is issue here.
0 Likes
mehtas
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, tried it myself now.. quite a deal breaker thing 😶
0 Likes