Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Apps overview - current app not in focus

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Pjuskepels
Student
Options

Hi,

I am facing a big annoyance with "Recent Apps".
I close an app every time I'm done with it. For some reason when pressing the Recent Apps button (III) the current app I'm using isn't the one that is in focus. Can this be changed somehow - I can't seem to find any settings regarding this or any articles on the internet. The reason I am asking is that I constantly close the wrong app because I don't keep a hundred apps open at the same time, I usually have a maximum of three apps open at the same time.

In short:
Open Chrome, go to home screen open Messenger.
Press (III)
Recent apps shows Chrome and not Messenger in focus
Muscle memory makes me swipe before I even see which app is in focus so I close Chrome by accident
Then i press the tab I think is Chrome, again I've not looked at the app since it happens in under a second.
and realise that I am in Messenger, the app that I wanted to close.

I think I understand why it works like it does, but it's unintuitive that it changes focus to another app instead of the one you just had open.

I haven't had samsung for some years, but used android for over ten years and Samsung is the most unintuitive software I've had on a phone. 

I've found an article for Pixel, but it's kinda the same issue they are facing:
Recent apps/overview button switches back to the previous app - Android Community (google.com)

Is there a fix for this. If not i think I'm going to buy another phone.

3 REPLIES 3
chaozinga
Journeyman
Options
You can change this in Good Lock's "Home up" module. Download Good lock first if you don't have that app, and in the app you will see different modules that you can download. Download Home up, inside it there is something called "task changer" where you can change exactly what you are talking about plus some other cool stuff 😊1713683726507.jpg1713683726551.jpg
Pjuskepels
Student
Options

Thank you for the fast reply and good suggestion - I'll probably get the app :smiling-face:

chaozinga
Journeyman
Options
You're welcome! 😊