Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone tirns off when plugged in charger. Need help with finding root cause

(Topic created on: 14-04-2023 10:56 PM)
Bravorauch
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone, 

I am facing an issue started 2 weeks ago. First it started as phone doesn’t charge all the time under charging and its popping charging sign on the screen more and more often. 

After one week i have cleaned charging port with soft tissue and a bit of ipa alcohol, not sure if it was next symptom caused there or before, but it manifested as phone instantly turns off as soon as i plug into charger ( when plugged into charger with no power then it remail on, i have tested that).

Those rare moments when it remail on and receive charging it happen even that as soon as i touch screen, or press locking button so screen turns on, phone dies same second. 

I have read and decided to challenge my skills so i have ordered new charging port which has arrived yesterday. I have replaced it exactly as i have seen on youtube how majority does. Replacement went fine i would say but result was not as expected. 

First issue was that sim card was not readable anymore, so instead of pulling apart phone again i placed sim card in slot 2 and it worked luckily.
But charging was even worse than before, now literally its turning off every time and after 2 hours of effort i have managed to charge barely 20%. 

I would appreciate so much any help and support. 

Thanks in advance
Alex 

4 REPLIES 4
Swedish-K9
Voyager
Options
Check the battery status first trough the member app / support /

Then try to charge your phone wireless and see the results if it's still have a issue with the charging or not.
Bravorauch
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your response.
Wireless charging works without problem no and before I replaced charging port.
I will test battery right away trough app and come back.
Bravorauch
Apprentice
Options
It seems that battery troubleshooting looks good ?Screenshot_20230315_145122_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Tip from what Linus tech tip said is to use wireless charging if possible. Since that will lower the wear on usb c port. Every time you connect and disconnect the cable in the usb port it will wear the port out.