Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Issues registering IMEI no. for swapping my old phone

(Topic created on: 28-07-2023 02:47 PM)
BigGaben
Pioneer
Options

Hi! 

I'm having issues when trying to register my old phone to send to Samsung when buying a new phone on Samung Store. 
When trying to enter the IMEI-number today, a text pops up under the box saying "Tyvärr så inträffade ett fel.", while it worked yesterday when I was checking.

Is there any possibility to solve this, while the offer for 500kr extra is within the eligable time span?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BigGaben
Pioneer
Options

I finally found a solution.

What I had to do to successfully enter the IMEI number was the following:

1. Skip the IMEI registration part on the first store page, and add the phone to the shopping cart without the offer.
  2. Add the offer from the shopping cart page instead.
  3. Enter the IMEI number and wait for atleast 30 sec, even if there is no loading icon.

Then it should work!

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel-M
Options

Hi!

If you tried to place an order yesterday, the IMEI number has most likely been locked. We can help you with this by sending me your device's IMEI number via a PM or contacting our Samsung Shop support and they will be able to help you: https://www.samsung.com/se/support/contact/

/Daniel
BigGaben
Pioneer
Options

The IMEI number has not been locked. Seems to be a server side issue due to overload, since the error message differs from when the IMEI is locked. 

0 Likes
Solution
BigGaben
Pioneer
Options

I finally found a solution.

What I had to do to successfully enter the IMEI number was the following:

1. Skip the IMEI registration part on the first store page, and add the phone to the shopping cart without the offer.
  2. Add the offer from the shopping cart page instead.
  3. Enter the IMEI number and wait for atleast 30 sec, even if there is no loading icon.

Then it should work!

Daniel-M
Options

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. 😄

/Daniel