Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore the 3 button navigation

(Topic created on: 29-10-2022 09:28 AM)
EnthusiasticStudent
First Poster
Options

I recently received a software update to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. I installed it and the update changed the navigation bar.
Previously the navigation bar was three buttons, evenly spaced from each other and centered in the bottom of the screen.

Now the buttons are squished together on the right side of the bottom of the screen and a bunch of small app icons are in the center. Additionally, there is new button on the left: a grid of squares that opens up the apps drawer.

I can't seem to find the option to revert this change. Anyone know how to restore the 3 button navigation bar?
I tried looking up knowledge articles, but the closest I found was one that assumed the buttons were gone.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Not possible, this is a new feature due to Andorid 12L it's meant to easy up navigation between apps and such on big screens.
0 Likes
Marius30
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my S7. I installed "Navigation bar for android" (from Wormhole space) from Google Play. It does the job.

0 Likes
mckenzis
First Poster
Options

Turn off "TaskBar"! When you turn it off you get back the option to set your navigation buttons to "centre"

edsonlp1
First Poster
Options

Thank you!

0 Likes