Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding Plug 2023- Hit child- ruined other appliances

(Topic created on: 13-09-2023 12:21 AM)
ExplodingPlug2023
Apprentice
Options

Hi , would anyone know who i should contact about this- I have a Samsung plug that exploded into my autistic child face- He hasn't slept in weeks and neither have we as he is now terrified of all plugs and being indoors near them. It  knocked out all the plugged electricals in the house, necessitating 2  electrician visits, and ruined the dishwasher , washing machine, dryer, TV, playstation MacBook and 2 phones and ipad that were plugged in nearby . We had to replace them all with locally donated secondhand appliances as i'm a carer for my child and unable to afford replacements . People were so good when they heard what has happened but now i'm left with appliances that barely are working despite peoples best intentions to help out when they heard what happened us. This has caused us huge issues and im actually totally disgusted to discover that this has been an ongoing issue that should have been properly dealt with - as opposed to leaving children and houses in danger with these faulty plugs. I am going to speak to more media about this , but also want to speak to Samsung management to see what they propose to do to rectify the situation and prevent other children being harmed. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
seanredmond23
Explorer
Options
Did you have home contents insurance? If you could afford to buy all the stuff damaged in the first place youd likely have insurance too. Also have you got the electricians report to show as sorry but a single plug would Not do the damage you said as many of those devices have filtered power supplies
ExplodingPlug2023
Apprentice
Options

I do, but why would I expect my home insurance policy  to pay for a Samsung fault? Do you wish to see an  electricians report  , the damaged goods. or my Childs reports - I can send them if you are working for samsung.  The facts speak for themselves, while speculation is just that. Was there something helpful  you wished to add regarding the known issues re Samsung safety, or did you have the contact details I require, as that is what this post asked for? Im unclear what the  purpose of the reply was.

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I'm really sorry to hear about what happened I would be fuming too. A moderator should reply on here shortly with further steps. In the mean time you could try calling customer services. This group is mainly just samsung customers but a moderator should see this shortly. I hope you get it all sorted.
Scrumdidly
Pioneer
Options
In not sure which region you are from, you need to raise a support case with Samsung, you can then email the CEO with the call reference using this link, obviously you will need to select your region

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/email-the-ceo/#

I'm not a Samsung member of staff or moderator.
DannyT
Options

Hi, @ExplodingPlug2023. So sorry to hear about this. We do hope you and your son are doing better now. We take issues like this very seriously and would like to pass this on to our Product Liaison Team for review. Could you please send a PM to our main moderator channel so we can get this picked up for you ASAP? Follow the steps in this guide to send a PM to @Sam_UK

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Welcome to the Community!