Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C34G55 monitor not waking up from standby mode

(Topic created on: 24-02-2024 11:38 AM)
PeterKofoed
Apprentice
Options

My C34G55 monitor is not waking up from standby. I have installed the latest updates, I have tried different HDMI cables, different power cables, and different outlets, and I have switched standby to off. I have a Mac mini and a PS5 that I use on it. When I disconnect the HDMI cable the monitor rightfully says that there is nothing connected, as soon as I connect the Mac or the PS5 it it counts down from 3 and goes standby

Another question is. There is a lot of the menu I can't access on the monitor. Is it only available on PC?

6 REPLIES 6
2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
Dessa problem relaterar till att ansluta enheten som används, oavsett om det är en Mac, PS5 eller PC, till skärmen. Skärmen har inget med detta problem att göra. Problemet ligger i den anslutna enheten. Den ska vara inställd och konfigurerad som standard så att den ansluts till monitorn utan problem. Se till att standardinställningarna är korrekta. Se till att enheten du använder är kompatibel med skärmens prestanda, eller om den behöver en HDMI-ingång behöver den ett konverteringsverktyg
2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
Andra frågan: Standardinställningarna på skärmen visas bara för att styra den anslutna enheten, oavsett om det är en Mac, PS5 eller PC. Till exempel, när en enhet är ansluten till displayen läser displayen den anslutna enheten och användaren styr standardinställningarna för den anslutna enheten.
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Please keep it in English since we have users from all Scandinavian countries here @2TC-sy67 😊

/Emmi
2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
Det ska jag göra nästa gång
PeterKofoed
Apprentice
Options

I better keep going in English i guess :smiling-face: 

thanks for your reply TC! 

i have had the monitor i 6 months without any issues. I worked on the computer in the morning and when i Got back Home in the afternoon it started the trouble. Both Mac and ps5 has been running with no issues for 6 months and suddenly it starts this cycle? The only thing I can think of is if I had the computer plugged in when the screen went standby and changed to the ps5 while on standby could have troubled something. 
I have to try when I get home. So if I understand you correctly I must check and maybe alter the settings on the computer and ps5?

I have tried different HDMI cables, and they are working fine on other screens with both the computer and the ps5, but could it be that it should be a high speed hdmi cable. Those I have is 60hz 4k I think? 

2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
If you turn on a 4K screen resolution from a computer and at the same time the computer enters standby mode, and you turn on the PS5 at a different screen resolution, you will lose the graphics card on the computer, and you will also not be able to turn on the PC, Mac and PS5 at the same time if it is not at the same screen resolution On 3 devices at the same time