2 weeks ago
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, the "Select Board" section I find doesn't explain where to post...it's too vague.
I have a Samsung A14 4G and I have set it to automatically update my apps. However, that's not happening and I still see apps listed as available to update. Can anyone tell me please where I'm going wrong?
2 weeks ago
Hi @Strat621 The lounge is ok though may have been more appropriate in Mobile Apps and Services. Is your Device set to automatically update Apps on both Data and Wifi? Can be issues if not strong connection or if Power saving Mode enabled. However if not solved other idea is to Settings-Apps-Google play store-Storage-clear cache and Data, the same process with Google play services. Some customers found that disabling Device Protection after an update solved it.
Another idea is to wipe the cache partition, this deletes temporary files but keeps your Data intact. The procedure is as follows:
1. Turn off the device.
2. May need to connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Can also repair apps from the same recovery Menu.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .