Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Scrap the 'OK' button when unlocking the phone with a passcode

(Topic created on: 07/11/19 13:40)
Apprentice
Options
Questions

One of the most frustrating things after switching to android for the first time with the S10 is having to press the 'Ok' button to confirm your passcode. 

It's an unnecessary extra step. 

I suggest that after you enter the correct passcode the phone unlocks instantly. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Helping Hand
Options
Questions

@AEl This is possible already.

Settings app -> Lock screen -> Screen lock type -> Enter your pin -> PIN -> re-type your PIN to use as the "new" pin, and tick the "Confirm PIN without tapping OK" checkbox. Continue and re-type your pin again. It'll auto confirm, and then your lock screen will automatically unlock once you enter the correct PIN. 

I think the option is only possible to change when you're setting up a new PIN, that's why you re-type your existing on as the "new" pin, so it can set it up. 

View solution in context

Solution
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hi @AEl 

Let me move it to questions, so other members can see the solution, if they come across a similar query :winking-face:

Thanks for helping out @ryamoo :ok-hand:

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Helping Hand
Options
Questions

@AEl This is possible already.

Settings app -> Lock screen -> Screen lock type -> Enter your pin -> PIN -> re-type your PIN to use as the "new" pin, and tick the "Confirm PIN without tapping OK" checkbox. Continue and re-type your pin again. It'll auto confirm, and then your lock screen will automatically unlock once you enter the correct PIN. 

I think the option is only possible to change when you're setting up a new PIN, that's why you re-type your existing on as the "new" pin, so it can set it up. 

View solution in context

Apprentice
Options
Questions

Thank you,

Saved me infinite amount of pain.

Ill leave this open unless a mod wants to close it incase others can learn about this too.

0 Likes
Solution
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hi @AEl 

Let me move it to questions, so other members can see the solution, if they come across a similar query :winking-face:

Thanks for helping out @ryamoo :ok-hand:

View solution in context