Support

Open search

Pattern unlock stopped working

Highlighted
Apprentice

I can't unlock my phone using pattern. It simply says try again.... 

Anyone else having same issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator

Hey @Gilani 

I have not had a problem with unlocking with a pattern (Unless my not-so-graceful-fingers messed up :face-with-tears-of-joy:).

So it will certainly help us, if you could share this as an error report using Beta Feedback in Samsung Members app! 

Highlighted
Explorer
Yup, just in the last hour or so, from out of the blue.
Highlighted
Hi, this is honestly a serious issue, see this thread here
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Questions/Screen-Lock-Issue/m-p/1372664#M364

I've had to completely wipe my phone, and not my phone refuses to let me secure it with a passcode/pin/pattern.

It just states "Screen lock was already changed. Try again with the new screen lock".
Highlighted

Hey everyone,

I have been contacted by our development team and this is indeed a serious and known issue.

From what I have been told, they are already working on a solution and will send an update with a fix as soon as it is possible.

Untill the fix is rolled out it is best to use the device without a screen lock.

I am really sorry for the inconveniance.

Highlighted

My screen lock pattern has also stopped working meaning i can't actually get in to my phone at all.

i can't restart or turn off as it requires the pattern to do so.

It was working fine last night, just stopped working today.

this is a bit of an issue as i need my phone.

what can I do without wiping the data on it?

thanks

Highlighted

Is there an update on this issue? The issue seems to have occurred again as of today my lock screen stopped working? What should I do in this matter? Resetting my phone isn't an option for me.