Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern unlock stopped working

(Topic created on: 27-10-2019 03:20 PM)
Gilani
Pioneer
Options

I can't unlock my phone using pattern. It simply says try again.... 

Anyone else having same issue? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Gilani 

I have not had a problem with unlocking with a pattern (Unless my not-so-graceful-fingers messed up :face-with-tears-of-joy:).

So it will certainly help us, if you could share this as an error report using Beta Feedback in Samsung Members app! 

0 Likes
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
Yup, just in the last hour or so, from out of the blue.
0 Likes
Seanzu
Explorer
Options
Hi, this is honestly a serious issue, see this thread here
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Questions/Screen-Lock-Issue/m-p/1372664#M364

I've had to completely wipe my phone, and not my phone refuses to let me secure it with a passcode/pin/pattern.

It just states "Screen lock was already changed. Try again with the new screen lock".
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey everyone,

I have been contacted by our development team and this is indeed a serious and known issue.

From what I have been told, they are already working on a solution and will send an update with a fix as soon as it is possible.

Untill the fix is rolled out it is best to use the device without a screen lock.

I am really sorry for the inconveniance.

0 Likes
Colsey19
First Poster
Options

My screen lock pattern has also stopped working meaning i can't actually get in to my phone at all.

i can't restart or turn off as it requires the pattern to do so.

It was working fine last night, just stopped working today.

this is a bit of an issue as i need my phone.

what can I do without wiping the data on it?

thanks

0 Likes
Jessiika211
First Poster
Options

Is there an update on this issue? The issue seems to have occurred again as of today my lock screen stopped working? What should I do in this matter? Resetting my phone isn't an option for me.

0 Likes