Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Do Not Disturb" mode

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 11:10 PM)
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
If I've activated DND mode, shouldn't I expect to see an icon to give a visual indication / reminder of this in the status bar?  I turned it on using the quick access icons but there's no icon displayed. I think it's the  "No entry" (-) sign in a Pixel.
The obvious problem being that I forget I've enabled DND and hence get no phone calls, rather than the real reason being I've got no mates(!)

EDIT - if I put the phone in to silent mode, rather than DND, I do get a status bar icon to give a visual indicator. (Speaker with line through it), so it does seem specific to DND.
5 REPLIES 5
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Good point, although we do get a permanent notification when active.
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Thanks for replying Juli3n. Please can you clarify what you mean by a permanent notification? I might be doing something wrong but can't see anything on the status bar or in the swipe-down notification list. Nothing shows on the lock screen and my AOD is off unless a notification is received, which I'm sure would be a problem with DND enabled as the notifications won't get through. I really think we need a visual icon on the status bar when DND is running.
By the way, I enjoy reading your comments and suggestions within the beta community, thanks.
0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Ok, this seems to fix it. I went in to the quick toggle DND settings (tap the text of "Do Not Disturb", not the icon part). Select "Details". Hide Notifications was off. I toggled it on and off, and this put the icon back on the status bar.Screenshot_20220919_162143_Settings_1000000337_1663600903.jpgScreenshot_20220919_162949_Samsung Members_1000000339_1663601389.jpg
0 Likes
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @redsunset2022 , 

I'm glad that you were able to solve this issue and thank you for describing the cause of the problem, maybe it will be a helpful hint for other users. 👌

0 Likes
fluffy banana
First Poster
Options

weird, gotta be buried in NOTIFICATIONS..I'm just going to MUTE & NOT USE DND anymore..DND had me chasing my tail the other day when my earbuds weren't working! 🤣😆

0 Likes