Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why can't all phones have Expert Raw even when we dont have 2x telescope lens

(Topic created on: 26-02-2024 06:52 PM)
Jovelz
Explorer
Options
Samsung really needs to launch a suitable Expert Raw compatible with devices that dont have 2x telescope lens so we can use it because all the photography is literally mostly there. Samsung Why should we be restricted to experience the true photography that we can have access to only certain devices and not the rest of the devices that dont have a 2x telescope lens. Dont you understand that you are putting other Samsung phone users into shame. The Ultra series have such good cameras but why should other Samsung users that don't have a telescope lense can intall Expert Raw. Please Samsung create a suitable Expeet Raw for Galaxy users that dont have a 2x telescope lens to truly feel the galaxy photographic world📷

Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right, i have checked an older S10 I have lying about and was under Picture Formats there.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jovelz
Explorer
Options
Oh its alright thx for helping anyways 👍
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
There's a reason why the S series phones carries a premium to the A series. This happens to be one of those perks.
0 Likes
keugier
Navigator
Options
Not to get your hopes up but I've tried this app few times now and it's been terrible . I'll try again and play with the settings and everything but tbh I rathe use the Pro setting on the phone than using this app.
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

RAW in native camera app, is valid only in Pro mode. I also believe that if you target more natural looking DSLR like/not overprocessed pictures you can do it in normal app by selecting to save in heic/heif and disable scene optimizer. Also on top of that you can use pro mode, to use raw files, which are very large and require lot of storage, while heic/heif files are rougly 50% of the size of a jpeg with comoarable image size YYY x ZZZ pixels, and compression quality. However HEIC also allows for more virandmt and accurate colors, comapred to jpef, because jpeg does color subsampling heic doesn't, and jpeg looses detaiks on images, also boders between two details, because jpeg works with blocks, 4x4, 8x8 blocks but heic uses different compression algorythm, which doesn't use blocks at all.

End result is RAW in Pro mode with disabled Scene optimizer - you have to disable it manually or normal shots in normal mode on heic, again with disabled  Scene optimizer will create something similar to what ExpertRaw has to offer, not being fully the same, but close enoug to ExpertRAW.

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes