Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it work

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Nickname45379438
Journeyman
Options
I have this SGH S500i here but it needs a puk code from O2. I am no longer with O2 and this phone is from 2005 so O2 won't have the data. The sim card has been rubbed off of its colour and numbers. It wont plug in on laptop (not usb on end.) Can I get in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

An interesting question. O2 will need the IMEI to issue a PUK code but may refuse to do so due to security (I.e. proving you are the owner).

Also note that the device will likely only be good for calls and texts now as some of the networks have now turned off 3g entirely and the rest plan to.

If I were you I would recycle it and buy a cheap device from a supermarket or similar for a few pounds for what this will give you.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

An interesting question. O2 will need the IMEI to issue a PUK code but may refuse to do so due to security (I.e. proving you are the owner).

Also note that the device will likely only be good for calls and texts now as some of the networks have now turned off 3g entirely and the rest plan to.

If I were you I would recycle it and buy a cheap device from a supermarket or similar for a few pounds for what this will give you.
Nickname45379438
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
0 Likes