Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the sharp corners on the new Ultras??

(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 11:57 PM)
Ubaid992
Journeyman
Options
I was so excited for the the s22 ultra after seeing it's predecessor packed with insane specs. Then the rumors flooded the Internet that the ultra series and the note series will be merged, which I hoped wasn't true. The round edges where beautiful why change it. I want to buy the latest ultras but I'm forced just buy the dated s21 ultra just because of it's round edges. They should separate the 2 series again. I'm sure many people agree.
12 REPLIES 12
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Yes, I agree.

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Yeah I agree too. The sharp corners are the only reason I would never buy the Ultra.
Options
I belive it is only temporary, as an experiment, but I could be wrong.
0 Likes
Ubaid992
Journeyman
Options
I hope so. I believe they did better with the s22 series than the s21 so. Like I wanted to buy the s23 ultra but its looking like its going to be a note again
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
I wouldn't call the S21 ultra dated, it is no worse than the S22 ultra, the exynos 2100 was more battery efficient than the 2200, the S23 still only offers the 200mp sensor and the 8 gen 2 chip which is frankly completely overkill in a phone
0 Likes
Ubaid992
Journeyman
Options
If it had round edges I would have bought it
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
If you're that bothered about the latest chip and the 200mp camera, have you looked at the xiaomi 12t pro? this has exactly the same main camera that the S23 ultra will have, and the snapdragon 8+gen1, which is near enough the same as the gen 2, also has round edges and a flat screen
Ubaid992
Journeyman
Options
I'll check that out thanks
0 Likes
WaywardEros69
First Poster
Options

I know it's an old thread but I've just upgraded from the S20 ultra to the S23 ultra and unfortunately the corners are killing me. For me, it's very uncomfortable while gaming.