Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this notation mean?

(Topic created on: 16-07-2024 10:09 AM)
WeZard
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20240716_175425_Samsung Internet.png

 I am Japanese and I have sent my S24 ultra in for repair. The reason is that there was dust or scratches on the camera.

When I track your service, it says Repair details TOK*. What does this mean? Will it be returned without being repaired? Please tell me. I am using a translation software, so the English sentence may be wrong.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This could be a reference to Tokyo? Where are you based?
0 Likes
WeZard
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG Japan is located in Tokyo, but my device was transported to a repair center not in Tokyo. I am having trouble finding it no matter how many searches I do. some people say TOK is an abbreviation for test ok. I am afraid that in this case the person in charge could not find any dust or scratches and it will be returned as no problem

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You could be right. You don't say where your attached photo originates from, is it from online tracking via below link, or via your Samsung members app

https://www.samsung.com/jp/support/your-service/track-repair

Have you not received any communication via email regarding your repair? Check your Spam folders.

WeZard
First Poster
Options

Yes, I am. I inquired and screenshot the ticket number from that link. If this is dust and not repaired, it is most likely an initial defect, but if it is returned because it does not affect the photo, I would be very disappointed. However, it is odd that I can't find any information on the SAMSUNG menber community, even on reddit.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I should wait until your device is returned back to you then. There should be enclosed a run down of the technicians findings.
0 Likes